The Recipe For Making Sweet Panang Curry.
You can make Sweet Panang Curry using 16 ingredients in 12 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Sweet Panang Curry
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Mix 2 lb of chicken breast, thinly sliced.
- Insert 1 lb of extra-firm tofu, pressed, thinly sliced (sub for chicken).
- Mix 1 of green bell pepper.
- Insert 1 of red bell pepper.
- Mix 1 of onion.
- Fill 4 cloves of garlic.
- Fill 2 tsp of fresh ginger.
- Mix 2 cans of coconut milk (1 light, 1 full fat).
- Mix 2 tbsp of panang red curry paste.
- Insert 2 tsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Fill 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of peanut butter, creamy.
- Add 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Insert 1/2 cup of basil.
Easy Way To Make Sweet Panang Curry
- Slice peppers and onions into thin strips. Mince garlic and ginger..
- Slice chicken and/or tofu into thin strips..
- Begin cooking rice..
- Heat oil in large Dutch oven. Saute chicken and/or tofu until no longer pink..
- Add curry paste and peanut butter and stir to coat and flavor the proteins..
- Add garlic and ginger and saute 1 more minute..
- Shake cans of coconut milk vigorously to incorporate the fats..
- Add peppers and onions to the pot and saute briefly to maintain some crunch!.
- Stir in 1.5 cans of the coconut milk. Whisk cornstarch into the remaining half can with a fork, then add to pot..
- Simmer for 10 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked and the sauce begins to thicken..
- Stir in sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, and basil. Simmer a few more minutes..
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over rice..
That's how to make Sweet Panang Curry Recipe.