The Recipe For Making Indonesian Deep Fried Stuffed Tofu (Tahu Isi).
You can make Indonesian Deep Fried Stuffed Tofu (Tahu Isi) using 21 ingredients in 9 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Indonesian Deep Fried Stuffed Tofu (Tahu Isi)
- Prepare 5 pieces of tofu (the fried one) you can get it in any Asian store.
- Insert of Oil for frying.
- Insert of For filling (stuffed):.
- Insert 1 cup of shredded cabbage.
- Insert 1 cup of shredded carrot.
- Insert 2 cups of cooked rice vermicelli cut into 2 inches.
- Insert of Chopped green onion.
- Fill 1/4 of of onion (chopped).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of or more chicken powder.
- Fill 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Fill of Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- Insert of For batter:.
- Mix of 1 cup all-purpose flour.
- Insert 2 tbsp of rice flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Fill of 1 tsp coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chicken powder.
- Insert of Salt to taste.
- Fill of Water.
Quick Step To Make Indonesian Deep Fried Stuffed Tofu (Tahu Isi)
- Make the filling (stuffed). Heat up oil in a wok. Sautéed the chopped onion until fragrant then add carrot and cabbage..
- Sautéed for 3 minutes, add the rice vermicelli, seasoned with chicken powder, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and sugar. Keep sautéed until all combine and the carrot cooked through. Sprinkle 1/2 of the green onion, mix well and set asides..
- Now make a batter. To make the batter, using medium mixing bowl combine all the batter ingredients then add water, stir well until smooth. Add 1/2 of the chopped green onion, mix well. Set asides..
- Now works on the tofu. Cut the fried tofu into triangles. With your finger try to looses the middle tofu to make a space, then fill up the space with sautéed vegetables mix. Do the same with the rest of tofu..
- Preheat the oil in the frying pan. Then dip each tofu into batter, coated all over with the batter then deep fri it until crispy and turns golden..
- Take off from the heat, drain it on to paper towel, and ready to serve..
- Served hot with chili sauce, spicy peanut sauce or with chili bait. Enjoy!.
- Note: If you can, please don’t skip the rice flour. Since the rice flour is the secret to make the batter is crispy..
- HappyCooking ❤️.
That's how to make Indonesian Deep Fried Stuffed Tofu (Tahu Isi) Recipe.