The Recipe For Making Cilantro Chili Lime Smoked Chicken Thighs.
You can make Cilantro Chili Lime Smoked Chicken Thighs using 9 ingredients in 10 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Cilantro Chili Lime Smoked Chicken Thighs
- Fill 4 of bone-in chicken thighs with skin (this recipe doubles easily).
- Fill 1 cup of lime juice (bottled is good, fresh is better).
- Fill 1/2 cup of avocado oil.
- Fill 2 tbs of minced garlic (I used from a jar).
- Mix 1/2 of medium onion (cut into large chunks).
- Add 1 of medium yellow bell pepper (seeded and cut into large chunks).
- Prepare 1 of jalapeño pepper, seeded and quartered.
- Mix 1 bunch of fresh cilantro.
- Prepare of Lawry's Casero Chili Lime Seasoning (or other chili lime seas.).
Easy Way To Make Cilantro Chili Lime Smoked Chicken Thighs
- In a gallon ziploc bag, combine lime juice, avocado oil, onion, bell pepper, jalapeño pepper, garlic, 4 sprigs of cilantro, coarsely chopped or torn, and 2-3 tbs of chili lime seasoning. Mix well..
- Add chicken thighs and mix around in marinade to coat thoroughly. Close the bag most of the way and carefully squeeze the bag to remove most of the air. Close bag and refrigerate overnight if possible or at least 2 hours. Mix thighs around in marinade a few times during the process..
- Preheat pellet grill to 170-180° and set smoke to desired smoke setting. I set mine at 8 on 1-10 scale..
- Remove thighs from marinade and place on multiple layers of paper towels. Use more paper towels to pat the top and remove as much marinade as possible. The drier the skin, the better is will crisp in the final cook..
- Brush skin side with light coat of avocado oil for seasoning to adhere. Apply a generous dusting of chili lime seasoning. It does have a kick, so use you best judgement, depending on your taste preference..
- Once grill is ready, place thighs on upper grate, skin side up and at least 2" apart. Smoke until internal temp hits about 145°. Remove from grill..
- Increase grill temp setting to 400°. Once temp reaches at least 380°, place thighs back on grill and cook until internal temp hits 165-180° (depending on your preferred level of doneness)..
- Cook skin side down in the last few minutes for crisper skin. Be careful not to overcook the skin..
- Always be careful when cooking chicken thighs - they have a lot of grease and tend to have flare-ups at high heat. Do not leave grill unattended in final cooking step, and be prepared to pull chicken off quickly in the event of a flare-up..
- Serve hot with your favorite Mexican sides, and enjoy!.
That's how to make Cilantro Chili Lime Smoked Chicken Thighs Recipe.