The Recipe For Making Crispy binagoongan.
You can make Crispy binagoongan using 13 ingredients in 6 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Crispy binagoongan
- Mix 2 of pork shoulder steaks.
- Mix 1/4 cup of rice wine vinegar.
- Insert 1 tbsp of black peppercorns.
- Mix 4 of bay leaves.
- Fill 1 of thumb-sized nub ginger, crushed.
- Add 10 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 1-400 mL of can coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sweet shrimp paste.
- Insert 2 tbsp of fresh lime juice.
- Insert 1 tbsp of palm sugar.
- Insert 2 of jalapenos, deseeded and chopped.
- Prepare 550 g of cherry tomatoes halved.
- Prepare Handful of chopped fresh Thai basil (or cilantro in a pinch).
Step By Step To Make Crispy binagoongan
- Put the pork in a large pot. Add the vinegar, peppercorns, bay, ginger, and enough cold water to cover the meat. Put the pot on high heat and bring to a simmer. Add the garlic and a large pinch of salt and turn the heat down to low. Cover and let simmer until the meat is tender (3 hours)..
- Carefully pull the pork out of the pot. Remove the bone if it has one. Add a splash of veg oil to a large pan and put it on medium-high heat..
- Lay the pork into the pan and break it up into large chunks (it should pretty much do this on it's own if it's tender enough). Sear the meat until it's brown and crispy all over. Remove the pork to a plate and fish any gnarly bits from the pan..
- Add the lime juice, palm sugar, jalapenos and tomatoes. Return the meat to the pan and toss to coat. Let cook 1 more minute..
- Serve with steamed rice and a garnish of herbs..
- Strain the braising liquid into the pan and reduce until only about 1/2 cup remains. Stir in the coconut milk and shrimp paste. Turn the heat up to medium and bring the sauce to a simmer..
That's how to make Crispy binagoongan Recipe.