The Recipe For Making Pho-flavor flank steak lettuce wraps. Gluten Free Pho-Flavor Flank Steak Lettuce Wraps. Jump on the pho trend with these healthy lettuce wraps, packed with beef protein and flavors of chile peppers, basil, onions, and Asian chili sauce. Lettuce wraps might be our all-time favorite weeknight summer dinner—minimal cooking, maximum flavor and freshness.
Lettuce Wraps are a fun way to change up your dinner routine. Adults and kids will have a blast filling up their own single serving wraps just like at their favorite Asian restaurant. These Chili Lime Steak Lettuce Wraps are a fun Mexican twist on this popular Chinese takeout item. You can make Pho-flavor flank steak lettuce wraps using 14 ingredients in 4 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Pho-flavor flank steak lettuce wraps
- Mix 2 pounds of beef flank steak.
- Insert 2 cups of coarsely chopped onions (2 large).
- Mix 2 cups of water.
- Fill 1/4 cup of fish sauce.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 2 of fresh jalapeno chile peppers finely chopped.
- Insert 4 teaspoons of chinese five-spice powder.
- Mix 12 of large lettuce leaves, swiss chard or napa cabbage leaves.
- Insert 1 cup of shredded radishes.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of fresh thai basil leaves.
- Add 3 of green onions, thinly sliced diagonally.
- Fill 2 tablespoons of lime juice.
- Prepare of Sriracha sauce (optional).
This Easy Lettuce Wraps recipe comes together quickly, thanks to my favorite secret ingredient - an Asian Stir Fry paste made with fresh. The Best Steak for Lettuce Wraps. We're using flank steak in this recipe, but you could also use skirt, flatiron, or hanger steak. Because flank steak is lean, it has the potential to be tough, so be sure to cut it across the grain into very thin The marinade bursting with salty, sweet, sour, and spicy flavors.
Quick Step To Make Pho-flavor flank steak lettuce wraps
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 2 inch pieces. Place meat in a 3&1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker. Top with onions. In a medium bowl combine the water, the fish sauce, sugar, vinegar, the five spice powder, and half of the jalepeno peppers. Pour over mixture in cooker..
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high heat setting for 2&1/2 to 3 hours..
- Remove meat from cooker, reserving cooking liquid. Transfer half of the meat to an air tight container or freezer container; cover and chill or freeze for another use. Shred or chop the remaining meat; transfer to a medium bowl. Strain cooking liquid. Stir enough of the strained liquid (about 1/4 cup) into shredded meat to moisten..
- To serve, divide shredded meat among lettuce leaves. Top with radishes, basil, green onions, and the remaining jalepeno pepper. Drizzle with lime juice. Roll up lettuce leaves. If desired serve with asian chili sauce..
We love pho - the comforting soup that has become synonymous with Vietnamese cuisine the world over. Remove the flank steak from the saucepot and wrap with aluminum foil; set aside. Place the noodles in the center of two bowls. Top with the sliced onions, jalapenos, and steak. This recipe for a Flank Steak Wrap is chock-full of protein and nutrients that will surely sustain them after The beef in my Flank Steak Wrap also ensures that they get their zinc, iron, and essential B-vitamins. That's how to make Pho-flavor flank steak lettuce wraps Recipe.