The Recipe For Making Sweet & Sour Chicken.
You can make Sweet & Sour Chicken using 16 ingredients in 9 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Sweet & Sour Chicken
- Fill 1 of large shallot.
- Prepare 1/4 of yellow bell pepper.
- Add 1/4 of red bell pepper.
- Add 4 oz of canned pineapple chunks (cut into quarters), reserve 1/4cup juice for sauce.
- Mix 1 of boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1/4-1/2 lb.).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Add 1 clove of garlic, small diced.
- Fill 1/2 tsp of fresh ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Fill 2 tbsp of ketchup.
- Prepare 1.5 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Fill 2 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- Add 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Fill 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Mix 3 of chives, chopped.
- Insert 1/2 cup of cooked rice.
Quick Step To Make Sweet & Sour Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Cut the onion, bell peppers, and chicken breasts into one-inch pieces. Drain the pineapple well, keeping the juice for the sauce. Place the onion, bell pepper, chicken, and pineapple chunks on a large sheet pan in a single layer to prevent the chicken and vegetables from piling on top of each other. They need a little room to brown correctly.
- Drizzle the cooking oil over the ingredients on the sheet pan, followed by the garlic powder, ground cinnamon, and a pinch or two of salt and pepper. Toss the chicken, bell peppers, onions, and pineapple until they are evenly coated in oil and spices..
- Bake the chicken and vegetables in the oven for about 40 minutes, or until they are slightly browned on the edges. Stir halfway through the baking time to redistribute the heat and allow excess moisture to evaporate..
- While the chicken and vegetables are baking, prepare the sauce. In a small saucepot whisk together the reserved pineapple juice, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, and cornstarch until the cornstarch is fully dissolved. Heat the mixture over medium flame, stirring often, until it begins to simmer. When it begins to simmer the cornstarch will begin to gel and thicken the sauce. Once the sauce has thickened to a glaze, remove it from the heat and set it aside until ready to use..
- When the chicken and vegetables have finished baking, remove them from the oven and pour the prepared sauce over top. Stir until everything is coated in sauce..
- Serve the sweet and sour chicken over cooked rice with chopped chives sprinkled over top..
That's how to make Sweet & Sour Chicken Recipe.