The Recipe For Making Tom Yum Goong.
You can make Tom Yum Goong using 14 ingredients in 14 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Tom Yum Goong
- Prepare 1.5 l of water.
- Fill 4 stalks of lemongrass.
- Mix 1 of in chunk galangal.
- Add 10 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 10 of bird's eye chillies.
- Fill 5 cloves of garlic.
- Fill 1/2 of chicken.
- Mix 300 g of oyster mushrooms.
- Add 2 of roma tomatoes.
- Add 2 of white onions (medium sized).
- Mix 2 tsp of sugar.
- Fill 8-12 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 8-12 tbsp of lime juice (10 - 15 limes).
- Prepare Handful of cilantro.
Step By Step To Make Tom Yum Goong
- Boil water. While waiting, squeeze the limes..
- Take your lemongrass and strip away the outermost layer. Lightly pound them using the pestle then diagonal chop them up into 1in strips..
- Take 1 thumb sized piece of galangal and chop them into slices..
- Tear up the kaffir lime leaves to release the flavour. Peel the 5 cloves of garlic..
- Chop off the heads of the chillies, then lightly pound them..
- Once the water is boiling, throw the lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, galangal, garlic, and chillies into the pot..
- After about 10 minutes, add in the chicken (original recipe used prawns) to boil and turn the fire to low..
- Then add the oyster mushrooms which you can slice into smaller pieces..
- Take the 2 roma tomatoes and white onions, and chop them into wedges..
- Boil the Tom Yum for 2 - 3 minutes..
- Add about 8 tbsp of fish sauce and 2 tsp of sugar..
- Boil for another minute or two, then turn off the heat. Then add the about 8 tbsp of lime juice..
- Taste test the soup. Feel free to add more lime juice, fish sauce or sugar if necessary..
- Lastly, add in the cilantro. Soup is now ready to be served..
That's how to make Tom Yum Goong Recipe.