The Recipe For Making Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam Bumbu Kuning).
You can make Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam Bumbu Kuning) using 24 ingredients in 6 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam Bumbu Kuning)
- Add 1 pack of chicken thigh fillets.
- Add of Oil to fry.
- Mix of Lemongrass.
- Add of Galangal.
- Insert of Ginger.
- Insert leaves of Lime.
- Mix of Vermicelli noodles.
- Fill of Eggs.
- Add of Spring onions.
- Fill of Bean sprouts (optional).
- Fill of Limes (optional).
- Add of Paste spices.
- Prepare 3 of big shallots or 6 small shallots.
- Insert 6 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Fill of Candlenuts (optional).
- Mix Drops of vegetable oil.
- Insert 2 of lime leaves.
- Add of Chili paste (sambal) optional.
- Add 2 of small shallots or 1/2 big shallot.
- Insert 3 of garlic cloves.
- Mix 4 of chillies.
- Insert of salt.
- Mix of oil.
Quick Step To Make Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam Bumbu Kuning)
- Start blending the ingredients for paste spices (shallots, garlic cloves, turmeric powder, candlenuts, lime leaves and some oil). Use blender or food processor whichever easier. Pre heat a bit of oil and sauté the paste in a pan for about 15 minutes..
- In the meantime, bring to boil 1.5-2 litre of water in a big pot and throw in lemongrass, cut galangal, cut ginger, some lime leaves. When yellow paste is done, mix it in the pot to make the soup and put thigh fillets in. Skin on thighs actually tastes better but it’s your preference. Stir and add some salt, pepper and white sugar to your likeness..
- Let the chicken cooked under medium heat, take out when they’re done. It should turn yellowish like this ! Now, keep the soup boiled in a small heat for another 1/2 hour or more. The longer, the better!.
- Now, my not so much favourite step is to fry them. Pre heat oil in a pan and start frying just until it turns golden brown, so it takes less than 2 minutes. I used oil splatter cover to reduce the splash and make sure you lower the heat A LOT once oil is heated..
- Once it’s done, you can start shredding the chicken and also boil some eggs, vermicelli noodles, wash bean sprouts and cut some spring onions for toppings. Bean sprouts can be replaced by sliced cabbage or sliced tomatoes :) Chilli paste needs to be sautéed in a small pan, it’s optional if you don’t want the soup spicy..
- Put your noodles, shredded chicken and all toppings in your bowl, pour yellow soup to finish. Selamat makan (Bon appetite) !.
That's how to make Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam Bumbu Kuning) Recipe.