The Recipe For Making Split Pea Soup with Ham.
You can make Split Pea Soup with Ham using 15 ingredients in 4 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Split Pea Soup with Ham
- Add 2 lb. of dried split peas.
- Add 11 1/2 of cups.
- Fill 4 of chicken bouillon.
- Add 2 lb. of ham on bone.
- Insert 4-5 clove of garlic minced or pressed.
- Fill 2 of carrots sliced or ½ cup shredded.
- Insert 2 of celery stalks leave and all medium chopped.
- Add 1 of onion minced.
- Add 2 of Bay leaves.
- Fill 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Add 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Kosher salt.
- Insert 1 pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Add of Fresh black pepper.
- Insert of Chopped cooked bacon; if there isn’t any ham or additional needed.
Step By Step To Make Split Pea Soup with Ham
- Add the water bouillon cubes, seasonings (oregano, bayleef, black pepper, cayenne pepper) and hambone together. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for the next half hour..
- Start chopping onions celery garlic and carrots. Add in the peas and stir frequently. Then adding the chopped vegetables. Continue to start frequently. To prevent from sticking to the bottom of the pot..
- After about an hour and a half simmering. Carefully remove the Ham bone from the mixture. Remove any additional Ham removing the fat as well. Chop up finally and add the Ham back into the soup discarding the bone..
- Additional seasoning taste and serve..
That's how to make Split Pea Soup with Ham Recipe.