The Recipe For Making Brad's kalbi flank steak with carmelized onions.
You can make Brad's kalbi flank steak with carmelized onions using 19 ingredients in 7 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Brad's kalbi flank steak with carmelized onions
- Add of For the marinade.
- Insert 1 bunch of green onions, chopped.
- Fill 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar.
- Add 1 1/4 cups of soy sauce.
- Fill 1/2 cup of sherry.
- Add 5 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh ginger.
- Fill 5 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- Fill 1/4 cup of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sesame seeds.
- Fill 2 tablespoons of garlic chile paste.
- Insert 2 1/2 tablespoons of coarsely ground black pepper.
- Add 3 tablespoons of black bean sauce.
- Insert of For the steak.
- Fill 2 lbs of flank steak.
- Mix 2 of med sweet onions, sliced thin.
- Prepare 3 tbs of butter.
- Insert 1/4 cup of sherry.
- Insert 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Insert of Butchers twine.
Quick Step To Make Brad's kalbi flank steak with carmelized onions
- Lay flank steak out on a LG cutting board. Pound out with a mallet until between 1/4 and 1/2 inches thick..
- Combine all marinade ingredients. This is a large batch, and can be frozen and used again..
- Place steak in a large zip lock bag. Add 1 1/2 to 2 cups of marinade. Remove as much air as possible. Seal and let sit overnight..
- Remove from marinade. Roll up and tie every 2 inches with butchers twine. Cut in between the ties..
- Heat a pan on low heat. Melt butter. Add sliced onions. Saute for 25 to 35 minutes stir often. 5 minutes before onions are done, add garlic and sherry. Deglaze pan and let liquid completely reduce..
- Meanwhile, heat a pan with 1 tbs oil over medium high heat. Place rolls in on end. fry 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until browned well. After browned on both sides, reduce heat to medium. Add 1/4 cup sherry. Cover and steam until liquid is gone. Turn over and repeat. Meat should come out rare. If you like it more done add a little more liquid and cook longer per side..
- Remove and let rest tented with foil for 5 minutes. Plate rolls. Add carmelized onion. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
That's how to make Brad's kalbi flank steak with carmelized onions Recipe.