The Recipe For Making Bacon cheeseburger tater tot casserole.
You can make Bacon cheeseburger tater tot casserole using 10 ingredients in 6 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Bacon cheeseburger tater tot casserole
- Mix 1 lb of bacon fried crisp and crumbled.
- Prepare 2 lb of ground beef.
- Fill of Large onion diced... (reserve a third of the onion for garnish).
- Add 3 cups of shredded cheddar (I prefer aged).
- Mix 1 can of cheddar cheese soup.
- Add 2 cups of sour cream.
- Add 1 tbls of Montreal steak spice.
- Add 1 tsp of sage.
- Mix of Salt & pepper to personal preference.
- Insert of Dill pickles sliced.
Step By Step To Make Bacon cheeseburger tater tot casserole
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large skillet Fry bacon until crisp set aside Reserve enough bacon grease to start frying Burger.
- Brown ground beef & 2/3 of the onion drain off excess Grease (I like waiting till the beef is halfway cooked before adding my onions) add Montreal steak spice salt pepper and sage to your taste and liking.
- Mix into ground beef... crumbled bacon, 2 cups shredded cheese, cheddar cheese soup, 2 cups sour cream and pour mixture into 9 by 13 greased baking dish spreading it out evenly.
- Layer tater tots evenly in rows covering the entire surface of meat mixture & bake on the middle rack for 45 to 50 min. until tater tots are golden brown remove and top with remaining cheese return to oven until melted.
- I like to serve mine with sliced dill pickle chopped onion and it's not "bacon cheeseburger" without ketchup and mustard of course.... enjoy!.
That's how to make Bacon cheeseburger tater tot casserole Recipe.