The Recipe For Making Vichyssoise with Spinach. The hardest thing about making spinach vichyssoise is spelling the word vichyssoise. Fresh spinach gives it that gorgeous green color and a kick of flavor, along with some leeks. Be the first to review this recipe.
Vichyssoise is a thick soup made of boiled and puréed leeks, onions, potatoes, cream, and chicken stock. It is traditionally served cold but it can be eaten hot. Impress your guests with this easy-to-make Vichyssoise soup recipe. You can make Vichyssoise with Spinach using 9 ingredients in 6 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Vichyssoise with Spinach
- Fill 1 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Insert 3 of medium potatoes, peeled and diced.
- Fill 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- Mix 1 1/2 cup of water.
- Fill 1-2 cubes of vegetable bouillon.
- Insert 2 cups of spinach, washed and chopped.
- Add 2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream).
Meanwhile, for the spinach cream, heat the butter in a pan; add the spinach and lemon rind. Remember: Bad Vichyssoise is like wallpaper paste but doesn't taste as good. Vichyssoise is a classic minimalist recipe (it is American not French) that should not be altered to make it taste like a. Carrot custard with broccoli and spinach foam.
Easy Way To Make Vichyssoise with Spinach
- Saute onions in butter until transparent..
- Add in potatoes, broth, water, and cubes. Cook this down on medium heat for about 20-30 minutes until potatoes are nice and soft..
- Add in spinach, cover the pot and let it wilt down..
- Lower the heat and stir in the milk gently and slowly..
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup to your desired texture..
- Stir in the Greek yogurt and the soup is ready..
This creamy chilled soup from Andrew Zimmern is an elegant take on traditional vichyssoise. The pretty green color and slightly sweet flavor scream spring. Vichyssoise, pronounced vihsh-ee-SWAHZ is a classic French soup. Traditional vichyssoise recipes begin with sautéing the veggies in butter instead of olive oil, and they have you stir in heavy. Garlic, spinach and lemon add even more flavor! That's how to make Vichyssoise with Spinach Recipe.