The Recipe For Making Chicken cordon bleu. A delicious French classic, chicken cordon bleu is made of chicken breasts stuffed with ham and Swiss cheese. Learn how to cook chicken cordon bleu recipe. The quality of the ingredients you will use for this recipe will either make it a great stuffed chicken breast.
A cordon bleu or schnitzel cordon bleu is a dish of meat wrapped around cheese (or with cheese filling), then breaded and pan-fried or deep-fried. Chicken Cordon Bleu is usually stuffed with ham and Swiss cheese, but you can use any cheese your family likes such as mozzarella or Gruyere. Chicken Cordon Bleu sauce really completes this dish. You can make Chicken cordon bleu using 9 ingredients in 5 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Chicken cordon bleu
- Fill 1 of deli roasted chicken rotisserie.
- Add 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- Add 1 C of milk.
- Prepare 2 t of Dijon mustard.
- Mix 1/4 t of salt.
- Mix 1/4 t of pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of deli sliced ham.
- Prepare 1 C of shredded Swiss cheese.
- Fill 5 oz of croutons partially crushed.
It's creamy and tangy and like a next-level gravy. You start by making a basic gravy and then add Dijon mustard and Parmesan to take it into a. recipes. How would you rate Chicken Cordon Bleu? Chicken cordon bleu is one of those meal-in-one dishes, which appeals to my family's tastes in different ways.
Step By Step To Make Chicken cordon bleu
- Shred chicken and add to a large bowl along with cream of chicken soup, milk, dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Mix until blended then pour into a 9 x 13 casserole dish sprayed with non-stick spray..
- Roughly chop ham and layer on top of chicken mixture then top with shredded swiss cheese..
- Top casserole with partially crushed croutons..
- Cover with foil..
- Loosely cover and bake in oven at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with salad and dinner rolls..
It has the crispy exterior from the breadcrumb mixture that the kids enjoy. Cordon Bleu is a french term meaning, blue ribbon. However, the problem with this dish is trying to make the cheese stay inside the chicken. It tends to ooze out as it bakes, leaving chicken with ham. This lightened version of Chicken Cordon Bleu remains tres délicieuse despite a modest amount of butter. That's how to make Chicken cordon bleu Recipe.