The Recipe For Making Chef Zee's Ropa Vieja (shredded beef).
You can make Chef Zee's Ropa Vieja (shredded beef) using 25 ingredients in 4 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Chef Zee's Ropa Vieja (shredded beef)
- Prepare of Beef brisket or blade steak.
- Mix 1/2-1 tsp of lite sodium soy sauce.
- Fill 1 packet of sazon.
- Fill 1 tsp of oregano.
- Mix 1 tsp of cumin.
- Insert 2 of bay leaves.
- Add 1/2 of white or yellow onion minced.
- Mix 1/2 of cubanelle/italian pepper minced.
- Add 5 of garlic cloves mashed/diced.
- Fill of Black pepper to taste.
- Add 1/2 of lemon.
- Fill 1/2 tsp of adobo.
- Fill of Drizzle of olive oil.
- Fill of Water.
- Mix of Sauce.
- Insert 1 of white onion.
- Fill 1/2 of green pepper.
- Add 1/2 of red or yellow pepper.
- Add 3 of garlic clives chopped.
- Fill 1/2 tsp of red wine vinegar.
- Fill 1 tsp of dry white cooking wine.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of braising liquid (sec above).
- Mix 2-3 tbs of tomato paste.
- Prepare Handful of os Spanish olives.
- Add of Optional: cilantro.
Step By Step To Make Chef Zee's Ropa Vieja (shredded beef)
- Cut brisket into medium pieces and place in a bowl. Season beef with black pepper, cumin, ground orégano, sazón, adobo, salsa china (lite sodium soy sauce), minced onions and peppers, fresh lemon juice, mashed garlic, and olive oil. Mix everything until the beef is well coated with seasonings. Marinate for at least an hour or overnight..
- Warm oil in pot over medium flame. Once oil is hot, add brisket. Brown brisket 5-10 min on each side..
- Add enough water to cover beef completely in the pot — be sure to add water to mixing bowl first to capture all of the marinade and then add to braising beef. Add bay leaf. Braise beef for 2-3 hours until tender. Add water throughout if necessary. Once tender, remove beef from braising liquid. Shred beef using forks, tongs, or hands. Place shredded beef is a large bowl. Remove & discard all extra fat. In a skillet add olive oil to a med high flame. Add shredded beef and cook for about 5 minutes..
- Add braising liquid & simmer for 2 minutes. Add tomato paste & stir until combined. Stew for 5 minutes. Add dry white wine & stew for 2 minutes. Add minced garlic, onions, peppers, vinegar, cilantro, & olives. Mix until well combined. Add red wine vinegar. Let cook until onions reach your desired doneness..
That's how to make Chef Zee's Ropa Vieja (shredded beef) Recipe.