The Recipe For Making Bahn-Mi Glazed Salmon with Pho Broth Risotto.
You can make Bahn-Mi Glazed Salmon with Pho Broth Risotto using 35 ingredients in 6 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Bahn-Mi Glazed Salmon with Pho Broth Risotto
- Mix 2-5 oz of Salmon Steaks.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Grated Ginger.
- Add 1 Tbsp of Garlic Paste.
- Add 2 of Green Onions, Chopped.
- Insert 2 Tbsp of Fish Sauce.
- Add 1 Tbsp of Sesame Oil.
- Add 1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- Add 1/4 Cup of Honey.
- Insert 6 Sprigs of Cilantro, with Stem.
- Prepare of Vegetarian Pho Broth.
- Fill 8 Cups of Water.
- Fill 2 of Whole Onions, Cut in Half.
- Mix 1 of Large Carrot, Split.
- Insert 2 Stalks of Celery, Split.
- Fill 6 of Dried Shiitake Mushrooms.
- Mix 1 Cup of Soy Sauce.
- Add of Thumb of Ginger.
- Insert 5 of Gloves Garlic, Smashed.
- Mix 2 of Star Anise.
- Insert 2 of Cloves.
- Fill 1 of Cinnamon Stick.
- Mix of Pickled Carrot and Daikon.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Rice Wine Vinegar.
- Insert 1/2 Cup of Water.
- Fill 1/2 Cup of Sugar.
- Mix 1 Tbsp of Salt.
- Fill 1/2 Cup of Carrot, Shredded.
- Add 1/2 Cup of Daikon, Shredded.
- Fill 2 of Ice Cubes.
- Mix of Risotto.
- Mix 1 Cup of Arborio Rice.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Frozen Peas.
- Prepare 2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced.
- Insert 2 Tbsp of Butter.
Step By Step To Make Bahn-Mi Glazed Salmon with Pho Broth Risotto
- In large pot, over medium heat, toast cinnamon, clove, and anise until fragrant. Remove spices, add small amount of oil, and place onions split side down until blackened. Add in water, spices, carrot, celery, garlic, ginger, and mushrooms. Heat to a boil, then turn down and simmer for 3 hours. Add soy sauce, simmer for 1 additional hour. Remove from heat, and strain. Pull out mushrooms, and set aside for risotto..
- In a blender or immersion blender cup, add all ingredients for bahn-mi marinade. Blend until all ingredients fully incorporated. Set aside and let mellow..
- In a small sauce pan, bring vinegar, water, sugar, and salt to boil. Remove from heat, and add carrot and daikon. Add an ice cube or 2, so they don't become mushy..
- Set sautée pan over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp butter, and after foaming stops add arborio rice. Toast, stirring occasionally until smelling nutty and around half the rice is lightly browned. Add in garlic and sautée until fragrant. Thinly slice mushrooms, and add with frozen peas. Add 1½ cups of pho broth, bring to a simmer, lower heat and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes, and remove from heat, leaving covered. After 8 minutes, mount with 1 tbsp butter, stir, and cover..
- Heat large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Drizzle olive oil over salmon and sprinkle with salt. When pan starts to smoke, place salmon flesh side down. Let sear for 4 minutes. Flip, and brush with bahm-mi glaze. Cook 2 minutes on skin side, and flip back to flesh side to glaze. Remove from pan, and brush with more glaze..
- Mold risotto into measuring cup, and smack onto plate. Press down slightly to compact and lower. Place salmon on top. Grab a good pinch of pickled veg, and place on top of salmon. Garnish with washed, picked cilantro leaves..
That's how to make Bahn-Mi Glazed Salmon with Pho Broth Risotto Recipe.